Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Time

I remember when I was a teenager.  All I wanted was for time to pass so it would be the weekend, or the end of the school year, or graduation time.  I was always looking ahead, never in the moment.  Now I look at this beautiful being I have created and I wish time would slow down.  I go back to work soon, he is growing so fast, and it feels like time is literally slipping away.  He can roll from his stomach to his back, smiles because he wants to, and can no longer fit in newborn clothing.  Where has the time gone?  Have I used it to the best of my ability to bond?  The sad thing is I will never get it back, no one gets time back.  I wish I had realized that in high school, even during my pregnancy!  I guess Steve Miller Band  was right when they said, "Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future".

No comments:

Post a Comment